As an enhancement to the VPN add-on, this feature provides remote VPN access using any standard VPN client. This allows mobile users to access company resources remotely through a secure IPSec tunnel. A mobile user could be someone working from home, a hotel, an airport - any place with an Internet connection.
VPN Road Warrior Failover
- The customer can create remote VPN tunnels, which allows mobile users to securely access their corporate network from any location.
- The following VPN clients have been tested
- Currently supported clients are:
1. Greenbow VPN Client
2. Windows XP VPN Client
3. Windows Vista (Business & Enterprise) VPN Client
4. Windows 2000 pro VPN client
5. Shrew Soft VPN Client
- FatPipe can provide automatic failover of VPN clients if the remote end (mobile user) can be specified using a host name (rather than IP address). FatPipe will automatically failover by configuring SmartDNS for two or more WAN interfaces being used for VPN connection.