Optimized WAN with centralized control of remote office internet access
FatPipe Cloud Connect provides reliable access to Cloud Services and provides centralized control of branch offices' web traffic. Cloud Connect allows companies with hub-and-spoke WAN infrastructures to free up private bandwidth usage while maintaining centralized control of web traffic by utilizing local lines at remote locations.
- Step 1- End user in branch office opens a browser to go to a website
- Step 2 - The request is sent over the private line to the Internet Access Control Server (IACS) at Headquarters or Cloud
- Step 3 - Cloud Connect receives the reply from IACS and allows site access to the user. If access is denied then "access denied message" is sent to the user instead of the web page in step 6
- Step 4 - The website page request is sent to the web server through the local Internet line
- Step 5 - The web page is received by Cloud Connect and forwarded on to the end user
- Step 6 - The end user views the Web page
FatPipe Cloud Connect allows for the private line to fail over to the public Internet connection allowing interoffice communication to always be available and secure.
Cloud connect enables corporations to deploy a single web access control device at a centralized location to manage corporate-wide web access policies, while avoiding link bottlenecking issues or prohibitive costs associated with increasing bandwidth to meet end-user demand.
Cloud Connect redirects web requests from remote locations and sends them to the central location for web-access authorization. If accepted and allowed, all further traffic related to that web request is handled by local Internet lines at each remote site instead of congesting expensive and low-speed private lines.
In addition to FatPipe web redirect technology, this comprehensive product also features the highest level of inbound and outbound WAN redundancy, aggregate speed of data line connections; QoS and compression capability, and basic firewall and VPN utilities. Cloud Connect provides all the tools you need to have centralized control of web traffic originating from branch offices while achieving the highest level of redundancy and reliability of your WAN infrastructure.